ups free pickup

How to Get Free UPS Smart Pickup for a Year

November 23rd, 2015

Today I wanted to share a very quick post with something that I believe just about every FBA seller should be taking advantage of — UPS free pickup. I have talked to quite a few people at conferences lately who have never heard of this, so I think a post sharing the details is necessary.  Free ups pickup has been listed on my resources page for over a year, but I wanted to do a separate post for this since it is, well, free. Plus, it’s a big time saver.

If you follow the steps below you will be able to get a year of free UPS smart pickup. The way this service works is that you can have UPS come and pickup boxes from your location every weekday if you wish. They will only come on the days you request them, so if you only need to use UPS smart pickup once a week this will still be a fit for you.

Signing up for the service can save you a significant amount of time and hassle compared to having to drop off the packages yourself. I have no affiliation with this free UPS pickup service, it’s just something I believe everyone should be using.

To sign up go to: www.upsconnect.com

Then walk through the steps to sign up and link the UPS Connect Promotion to your UPS Account.

Then you should be all setup with your UPS Smart Pickup account.

Here’s a video showing how to schedule a pickup once you have your account setup:

That’s it, the normal value of this service is about $40 per month, but for the first year you get free UPS pickup. My free year has long since expired, but I continue to pay for this service. If you have been reading my blog for any period of time, you know I am a big fan of outsourcing tasks, and this is an easy way to get started outsourcing a portion of the process.

That’s all I have for today, but if you haven’t been using this service, I’d recommend signing up so you can save yourself some time having to drop off your boxes yourself.

If you have any questions let me know in the comments.

30 responses to “How to Get Free UPS Smart Pickup for a Year”

1. Chris Guthrie says:

I’m on a mobile device now, some cannot check, but do you know if you can still receive the free year if you already subscribe to Smart Pickup?

Hi Chris,

I believe you can, but am not 100% sure on that. I would definitely recommend giving it a shot once you get on a desktop.

2. Pa, says:

Hi Ryan:
    Thanks you for the reminder. I have not been using this service because the UPS store is quite close to us, but it would definitely be a time saver for us and much less heavy lifting for my husband.

Pam

Hi Pam,

You are welcome. I have a UPS store relatively close to me too, but having the pickup is SO much easier and faster.

3. Amy says:

Hi Ryan,
    I just want to thank you for telling us about this service. I’ve been selling a lot of books lately and many of my boxes are right around 50 lbs. I HATE taking them to the UPS store because its so hard for me to move them from my car, through the doorway, ect. so this is awesome information to know! Thanks again!

Amy

4. Thanks for the heads up on this, Ryan! Huge benefit and time saver!!

5. john says:

I am in and out of the house a lot. do they let you know when they will come? I prefer not to put all my package outside of my house. what’s your suggestion?

Hi John,

For me they come around the same time every day. I would recommend talking with them when you setup your account and see if you can find a time that will usually work for you.

6. Todd Rosenthal says:

great tip and thanks for posting. just signed up. i do about 30-40 boxes a week and this will save some money. why not take advantage. Thanks again!!!

7. jason says:

Once you get smart-pickup, how do you tell them to come pick up a shipment that you created on amazon FBA? from what i’ve seen you have to create the shipment at UPS, which means it wouldn’t work for items you’re sending to FBA.

8. Jerry H says:

I signed up today. What a great tip. Thanks for posting. Also, I called their 800 number and will be getting free box shipping labels.

9. Mikelle says:

Thanks Ryan! Another great tip!

10. Allie says:

Can you use this for shipping into Amazon through FBA? I watched the video…

Hi Allie,

Yes. Once your items are ready to go, you just request a smart pickup as shown in the video.

11. Troy says:

Ryan, are you still getting a discount well after the 1 year timeframe. mine has been well over a year and everytime I call to check the price the rep states mine will be free until 1-2-2021! Weird.

Hi Troy,

No I am paying for mine now as it’s been over a year. Sounds like there must be some type of error in their system.

12. Troy says:

That’s what I figured it must be a glitch. I am going to just cancel the discount manually since it has been over 1 year. just curious if others were reporting that issue.

Thanks for the reply!

13. […] First, if you are sending in boxes to amazon multiple times a week using UPS, I recommend looking into signing up for the “UPS Smart Pickup.”  This allows you to have UPS pickup as many boxes as you have from your house or business as many times per week as you want for a fee of $10.30 per week.  You can get it free for the first year as well.  I started using this service in November of 2013, and it is great to not have to personally drive all of my boxes to a UPS Store or UPS drop off location.  I am not an affiliate and receive no compensation for this, it is simply a service that I use and find saves me a ton of time.  I did a blog post on all the details of how to sign up and take advantage of the free year promotion.  You can read the post HERE. […]

14. Dan says:

If I want to use Amazon’s discounted UPS shipping to send products to FBA, can I use UPS Smart Pickup Service?

15. Dhruv Sehgal says:

Seriously wish I had known this when I first started. Thanks for this AMAZING advice.

16. LUIZ ROBERTOLIMA says:

Ryan you really share knowledge and your experiences. Thank you for sharing this UPS idea. I am very happy to have found your blog on NBC. I’m starting out in the FBA and Amazon businesses, and you can make things simpler.
    I love the idea of outsourcing, congratulations and success for your business.